We accept referrals from a wide range of agencies and sources including families, health and social services, medico-legal professionals and other service providers. St. Doolagh's Park is fully registered with HIQA and has rehabilitation services accredited by CARF.
To be admitted to St. Doolagh’s, the individual must:
1. Have one of the following:
a. Acquired brain injury (ABI), which is an inclusive category that embraces acute (rapid onset) brain injury of any cause, including:
i. Trauma (head or post-surgical injury)
ii. Vascular accident (stroke or subarachnoid haemorrhage)
iii. Cerebral anoxia/hypoxia
iv. Toxic or metabolic insult (e.g. hypoglycaemia)
v. Infection (e.g. meningitis, encephalitis) or other inflammation (e.g. vasculitis).
b. Have medical, cognitive, physical, communicative and/or behavioural needs related to the acquired brain injury or disease process (e.g. memory difficulties due to Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome)
2. Be aged over 18years at time of admission
3. Have identified medical, cognitive, physical or communication needs
4. Have the potential to benefit from specialised inpatient rehabilitation from an interdisciplinary team
1. Where the potential for neuro-rehabilitation is overshadowed by other needs (e.g. physical/psychiatric/behavioural/drug and substance misuse)
2. Active risk of physical violence
3. Currently in post-trauma amnesia