Day to day living at Trinity Care Nursing Homes is primarily about our Residents. We call it activity-based care and it’s at the heart of everything we do at Trinity Care. Take a look at what Eve O’Dwyer our Wellness & Activities Coordinator gets up to in Foxrock Nursing Home.
Throughout June 2022, participants, carers and family members were invited into The Growing Gallery. Cuttings of the Catmint plant were taken before each session, with permission, from the People’s Park. They eco-printed Catmint flowers onto the hanging material. This involved pressing flowers into fabric with a hammer until the bright green and purple pigment was released.
We believe a managed social activities program plays a key role in ensuring our Residents live their life to the full in their home. We endeavor to provide a wide range of activities to cater for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of all residents. The Activities Program is run by our dedicated Wellness & Activities Team and includes some of the following:
- Exercise classes assisted by the physiotherapist
- Siel Bleu exercise therapy
- Regular Live Musical Entertainment
- Art Classes
- Pet therapy
- Bingo, Board Games.
- External Trips to local areas of interest, shopping, theatre, variety shows, trips to parks.
- Summer Family themed party.
- Card Games, Movies.
- Sonas Therapy, Imagination gym.
- Knitting club.
- Residents own mobile computer stations.
- Newspapers are delivered daily and free WIFI is available.
- Weekly mass in a large activities room.
- Other religious preferences are facilitated.
Many of our activities create bonds between our Residents and Staff. Following assessment of our residents’ needs we will encourage personal interests and hobbies as much as possible.